What is Environmental Liability? It is a potential legal obligation to make a future expenditure due to the ongoing or future manufacture, use, release, or threatened release of a particular substance, whether such events are “sudden and accidental” or “gradual” in nature. Clients in every industry are subject to environmental risk and liability and is a growing concern for many businesses that are involved in transportation or trade.
Today there are stricter regulatory requirements which have increased the demand for a broader risk management and insurance solution in this segment. Eagle’s Environmental Impairment Liability insurance is tailored to provide your clients with a coverage that is far more superior to that of the standard CGL coverage; which they need to adequately protect their business from the continuously changing environmental landscape.
• 1st party clean-up
• 3rd party clean-up, bodily injury, property damage, natural resource damage
• Emergency response
• Gradual and sudden
• Contractors / Insured Work
• Business Interruption
• DIC Automobile Pollution
Who benefits from this type of Coverage?
• Airports and Fuelers
• Aircraft operators
• Aerospace manufacturers
• Marinas / Boat Yards / Ship Builders
• Terminals / Ports
• Rail Carriers / Rail Car Owners
• Logistics companies including truckers and warehousemen
• Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul
• Service companies – aviation, marine, rail
• Combine with other insurance coverage’s such as marine liability, aviation liability, cargo liability
Even if you haven’t recommended Environmental Impairment Liability cover to a client in the past, it makes sense to re-examine the exposures of your client on a regular basis.